Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2018, 32, 242-250 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31073/vet_biotech32(2)-29
S. Gzhytsky Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology
Experimental Station of Epizootology of the Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
EFFICIENCY OF THE INTRAUTERINE PREPARATION «HISTERODEV» IN COMPLEX THERAPY IN ENDOMETRITIS OF THE COWS
Introduction. Today, the main method of treatment and prevention of intrauterine infections remains local etiotropic therapy, which is based on the introduction of antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory preparation. Unfortunately, the standard schemes of the use of modern antimicrobials do not always provide a sufficient therapeutic effect, therefore, the treatment of endometritis should be based on the principle of integrated application of the necessary etiotropic, symptomatic, pathogenetic and substitutive means.
The goal of the work was to test a new treatment scheme and to study the therapeutic properties of the intrauterine preparation “Histerodev” in postpartum endometritis in cows in combination with the preparation “Uterodev” and “Devivit Selen”.
Materials and methods. In our study we used the classical biochemical methods of blood tests and carried out the identification, classification of the isolated microflora, determined the sensitivity of isolated microorganisms to antibiotics.
Results of research and discussion. Our goal was to develop an effective scheme of treatment and prophylaxis of postpartum intrauterine infections in animals using the domestic herbal preparation “Histeredev” in the combination therapy with “Uterodev” and “Devivit Selenom”. The use of this preparation provided recovery in 90% of the studied cows during 8 days compared with control animals where 50% of cows recovered within 14 days. The service period was shorter, respectively, by 36 days (p≤0,01), with a decrease in the insemination index by 0,7 units compared with control group cows.
Conclusion and prospects for further research. The results obtained during our research give reason to recommend in the schemes of treatment of cows and prevention of obstetric pathology using external preparation “Histeredev” in complex therapy with “Uterodev” and “Devivit Selenom”.
Keywords: postpartum endometritis, postpartum pathology, “Hysterodev”.
- Stefanyk, V.Yu., Kostyshyn, Ye.Ye., Ivashkiv, R.M., Kudla, I.M., Panich, O.P., Kalinina, O.Y., et. al. (2009) Etiolohiia rozvytku metrytu u koriv ta metody yikh likuvannia [Etiology of metritis development in cows and methods of their treatment]. Naukovyy visnyk Lviv. nats. un-tu vet. medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. S. Z. Gzhytskoho – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named after S.Z. Gzhytsky, 11, 3, 152-157 [in Ukrainian].
- Stravskyi, Ya.S., Stefanyk, V.Yu., Kostyshyn, Ye.Ye., Katsaraba, O.A., Panich, O.P., Kalinina, O.Y., et. al. (2015) Etiolohiia, patohenez, diahnostyka ta metody likuvannia koriv, khvorykh na metryt [Etiology, pathogenesis, diagnostics and methods of treatment of cows patients from metritis]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu biolohii tvaryn i Derzhavnoho naukovo-doslidnoho kontrolnoho instytutu vetpreparativ ta kormovykh dobavok – Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Animal Biology and the State Scientific and Research Control Institute of Veterinary Preparations and Feed Additives, 16, 1, 257-274 [in Ukrainian].
- Dmytriiev, I.M., Zhyhaliuk, S.V., Lukianyk, I.M. & Katsaraba, O.A. (2015) «Tsefhen» - suchasnyi pinoutvoriuiuchyi aerozolnyi preparat dlia profilaktyky ta likuvannia pisliarodovykh vnutrishnomatkovykh infektsii u produktyvnykh tvaryn [«Cefgen» - a modern foam-forming aerosol preparation for the prevention and treatment of postnatal intrauterine infections in productive animals]. Materialy shchorichnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii molodykh vchenykh – Materials of the annual scientific and practical conference of young scientists. (pp. 19-21). Kyiv: Comprint [in Ukrainian].
- Barlund, C.S., Carruthers, T.D., Waldner, C.L. & Palmer, C.W. (2008). A comparison of diagnostic techniques for postpartum endometritis in dairy cattle. Theriogenology, 69, 714-723.
- Katsaraba, O.A., Dmytriv, O.Ya., Kostyshyn, Ye.Ye., Ivashkiv, R.M., Kava, S.Y. & Sachuk, R.M. (2017). Efektyvnist likuvannia pisliarodovoho endometrytu koriv aerozolnym preparatom «Tsefhen» [Effectiveness of treatment of postpartum endometritis of cows with aerosol preparation "Cefgen"]. Naukovyy visnyk Lviv. nats. un-tu vet. medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. S. Z. Gzhytskoho – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named after S.Z.Gzhytsky, 19, 82, 230-234 [in Ukrainian].
- Ivashkiv, R.M., Stefanyk, V.Yu., Kudla, I.M., Tyranovets, V.I., Dmitriev, O.Ya., Kostyshyn, E.E. et. al. (2012) Zastosuvannia etiotropno-patohenetychnoi terapii pry metrytakh u koriv [Application of etiotropic and pathogenetic therapy in cows with metritis]. Naukovyy visnyk Lviv. nats. un-tu vet. medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. S. Z. Gzhytskoho – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named after S.Z. Gzhytsky, 14, 3, 71-73 [in Ukrainian].
- Hopper, R.M. ( 2015). Bovine Reproduction. 1st ed. USA: John Wiley & Sons.
- Savc, M.M., Duane, L.E., O'Grady, J.R., Somers, M.E. & Beltman, M.E. (2016). Uterine disease and its effect on subsequent reproductive performance of dairy cattle: a comparison of two cow-side diagnostic methods. Theriogenology, 86, 8, 1983-1988.
- Heidarpour, M., Mohri, M., Fallah-Rad, A., Dehghan, F. & Mohammadi, M. ( 2012). Hematological changes before and after treatment in dairy cows with clinical and subclinical endometritis. Comp Clin Pathol, 23, 97-101.
Download full text in PDF