Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2018, 32, 373-382 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31073/vet_biotech32(2)-46
National University of Bioresources and Natural Resources of Ukraine
Ukrainian laboratory of quality and safety of agricultural products
Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
THE FATTY ACID COMPOSITION OF SAUSAGES AT RETAIL MARKET IN KYIV
Introduction. The article presents the results of testing the sausages from different brands and producers, which are realized in the retail networks of Kyiv and the region. The results of testing the lipids derived from the combined samples of sausages also described.
The goal of the work was to study the fatty acid composition of sausages, which are presented in the supermarkets of Kyiv.
Materials and methods. Analysis of methyl esters of LC was performed on a gas chromatograph Trace GC Ultra (USA), detector: flame-ionization; capillary column SPTM-2560, 100 m x 0.25 mm ID, 0.20 μm film. Chromatography conditions: column temperature 140–240 °C, detector temperature 260 °C. The analysis of methyl esters of fatty acids was carried out in accordance with DSTU ISO 5508-2001. Identification of fatty acids was performed using a standard sample of 37 Component FAME Mix (Supelco), quantitative calculations were carried out by internal normalization and determined by their percentage content.
Results of research and discussion. 22-fatty acids (range from C8: 0 to C24: 1) have been detected and quantitatively detected by gas-liquid chromatography, but their percentage may vary significantly. The tested sausage samples did not contain trans fatty acids. That’s indicator of a low probability of using vegetable oils during their manufacture. However, additional components of the composition (dry milk, egg powder, etc.) can significantly affect the content of fatty acids in the final product. The content of omega-6 fatty acids is quantitatively higher than omega-3 ones, only by linolenic acid are represented.
Conclusions and prospects for further research. In sausage samples which contained chicken as the predominant species, according to the label (72–80%), low levels of lipid saturation index and Σ NLC are observed. In the sample where chicken is absent (beef – 30%, pork – 65%), the highest percentage content is observed in monoenic NLC and Σ ω-9 and the lowest content of Σ polyene NLC and Σ ω-6.
Keywords: fatty acid composition, sausages, chicken, pork, beef.
- Ushakov, F.O. (2016). Organoleptichna і degustacіjna ocіnka kovbasnih virobіv [Organoleptic and tasting evaluation of sausage products]. Naukovі dopovіdі Nacіonalnogo unіversitetu bіoresursіv і prirodokoristuvannya Ukraini – Scientific reports of the National University of Bioresources and Natural Resources of Ukraine, 4. – Retrieved from http: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nd_2016_4_24 [in Ukrainian].
- Ushkalov, V.O. (2016). Monіtoring bіoresursіv і produkcіi agropromislovogo kompleksu na pokazniki yakostі ta bezpeki yak skladova koncepcіi VOOZ-MEB «Globalne zdorovya» [Monitoring of bioresources and agro-industrial products for quality and safety indicators as part of the WHO-WHO concept "Global Health"]. Veterinarna medicina – Veterinary medicine, 102, 219–223 [in Ukrainian].
- Konyak, І.V. (2012). Asortiment і yakіst kovbasnih virobіv dlya dityachogo harchuvannya, shcho proponuyutsya na rinku m. CHernіvcі [Assortment and quality of baby food products offered on the market in Chernivtsi]. Obladnannya ta tekhnologіi harchovih virobnictv: tematichnij zbіrnik naukovih prac – Equipment and technologies of food production: thematic collection of scientific works, 28, 6 [in Ukrainian].
- Kladnitskaya, L.V. (2016). Vmіst zhirnih kislot v lіpіdah fetalnih stovburovih klіtin kota [The content of fatty acids in lipids of fetal stem cells of a cat]. Innovations in veterinary medicine and agrarian production: Mіzhnarodna naukovo-praktichna konferencіya (2–5 listopada 2016 roku) – International Scientific and Practical Conference. (pp. 3–6). Lviv: Nauka [in Ukrainian].
- Kladnitskaya, L.V. (2016). Zhirnokislotnij sklad lіpіdіv stovburovih klіtin kіstkovogo mozku kota / [Fatty acid composition of lipids of stem cells of bone marrow of a cat]. Actual problems of animal physiology: Mіzhnarodna naukovo-praktichna konferencіya (23–25 chervnya 2016 roku) – International Scientific and Practical Conference. (pp. 27–28). Odesa: Uston [in Ukrainian].
- Rudenko, V.G. (2010). Aktualnost primeneniya omega-3 PNZHK v klinicheskoj praktike [Relevance of application of omega-3 PUFA in clinical practice]. Novosti mediciny i farmacii – News of medicine and pharmacy, 9, 325 [in Russian].
- Donchenko, L.V. (2001). Bezopasnost pishchevoj produkcii [Food safety]. Moscow: Pishchepromizdat Pishpromizdat [in Russian].
- Hizhnyak, S.V. (2016). Vliyanie gipoksi-giperkapnicheskoj sredy na zhirnokislotnyj sostav syvorotki krovi sterlyadi [Influence of the hypoxia-hypercapnic medium on the fatty acid composition of sterlet serum]. Sturgeon aquaculture: modern tends and perspectives: Mіzhnarodna naukovo-praktichna konferencіya (18 maya 2016 roku) – International Scientific and Practical Conference. (pp. 205–210). Kherson: Grin [in Ukrainian].
- Тimofeev, N.N. (2005). Hypobiosis and cryobiosis. Past, present and future. Мoscow: Inform-Znanie.
- Tsvilichovsky, V. I (2014) Rol zhirіv u harchuvannі lyudini [The role of fats in human nutrition]. Products and ingredients – Produkty i ingridienty, 1 (109), 22–24 [in Ukrainian].
- Gorelova, Zh.Yu. (1999). Rol polinenasyshchennyh zhirnyh kislot v lechebnom pitanii detej s allergicheskimi zabolevaniyami [The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the medical nutrition of children with allergic diseases]. Voprosy pitaniya – Questions of nutrition, 1, 31–35 [in Russian].
- Yakovleva, O.A (2008). Omega-3 zhirnye kisloty: ot fiziologicheskogo znacheniya k dokazatelnoj medicine [Omega-3 fatty acids: from physiological to evidence-based medicine]. Racional'naya farmakoterapiya – Rational pharmacotherapy, 2, 42–46 [in Russian].
- Folch, J. (1957). A Simple Method for the Isolation and Purification of Total Lipides from Animal Tissues. J. Biol. Chem., Vol. 226, 2, 497–501.
- Zhiri tvarinnі і roslinnі ta olіi. Prigotuvannya metilovih efіrіv zhirnih kislot [Fats are animal and vegetable and oils. Preparation of methyl esters of fatty acids]. (2003). DSTU ISO 5509-2002 from 10.01.2003. Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Zhiri ta olіi tvarinnі і roslinnі. Analіzuvannya metodom gazovoi hromatografіi metilovih efіrіv zhirnih kislot [Fats and oils are animal and vegetable. Gas chromatography analysis of methyl esters of fatty acids]. (2002). DSTU ISO 5508-2001 from 01.01.2002. Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Kokunin, V.A. (1975). Statisticheskaya obrabotka dannyh pri malom chisle opytov [Statistical data processing with a small number of experiments]. Ukr. biohim. zhurn. – Ukr. biochemistry journ, 6, 776–790 [in Russian].
- Andrіjchuk, L. (2009). Zhirnokislotnij sklad zagalnih lіpіdіv skeletnih myazіv kurchat-brojlerіv zalezhno vіd vmіstu і formi selenu v racіonі [Fatty acid composition of common lipid of skeletal muscles of broiler chickens depending on the content and form of selenium in the diet]. Nauk.-tekhn. byul. Іn-tu bіologіi tvarin ta Derzh. n.-d. kontrol. іn-tu vetpreparatіv ta korm. Dobavok – Technical scientific bulletin of the Institute of Animal Biology and the State SRCI of Vet. Medicinal Products and Feed Additives, 2009, Vol. 10, 1–2, 9–12 [in Ukrainian].
- Yakubchak, O.M. (2014). Vpliv sarkocistozu na zhirnokislotnij sklad myazovoi tkanini svinej [Influence of sarcocystosis on fatty acid composition of pig's muscle tissue]. Modern directions of theoretical and applied researches: Mіzhnarodna naukovo-praktichna konferencіya (18–30 bereznia 2014 roku) – International Scientific and Practical Conference. (pp. 1–5). Lviv: Logos [in Ukrainian].
- Dyachenko, O.B. (2016). Transformacіya esencіalnih zhirnih kislot rodini ω-6 v organіzmі vіdgodіvelnogo molodnyaku velikoi rogatoi hudobi ta ih nakopichennya v pechіncі j skeletnih m’yazah [Transformation of the essential fatty acids of the family ω-6 in the body of fattening young cattle and their accumulation in the liver and skeletal muscle]. Peredgіrne ta gіrs'ke zemlerobstvo і tvarinnictvo – Foothills and mountain farming and animal husbandry, 60, 170–175 [in Ukrainian].
Download full text in PDF