Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2016, 28, 101-108 [in Ukrainian].
Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
State Research Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics and Veterinary and Sanitary Expertise
LLC "Scientific-Production Enterprise "Ecological Capital"
LLC "Scientific-Production Enterprise "Briston-Farm”
PROBLEMS OF VETERINARY AND SANITARY EVALUATION AND OF DISINFECTION MEAT-PROCESSING FACILITIES
Introduction. Disinfection on meat-processing facilities is one of the most important measures of veterinary and sanitary activities. Well-timed and correct veterinary and sanitary disinfection of all meat-processing facilities, which are an integral part of technological processes in the industry, is a crucial point for high-quality production output. This is related to the fact that meat and other nutritional components constitute nutrient substrates containing all components necessary for keeping microorganisms functioning. Foreign trade development contributed to import raw meat usage on meat-processing facilities and sausage manufacturing plants on a comprehensive scale. A heat treatment of these raw products at the temperature of 72 degrees is often needed. This is due to high levels of microbial contamination in these products and therefore high bacterial contamination of the nearby equipment and constructions during technological processing. In such cases, the possibility of infectious agents being transmitted from raw animal materials to people is getting even higher. Thus, veterinary and sanitary disinfection are an integral part of technological processes in cattle production and on raw animal materials processing facilities. Disinfection is a fundamental nonspecific activity. Various means (chemical, physical) and methods (humid, aerosol) are used for veterinary control objects’ disinfection with special technologies.
The goal of the work. Conduct research on empirical application of disinfectants aiming at preventative medication and fighting animal infection diseases on meat-processing veterinary control objects.
Results of research and discussion. Organic nanotechnologies-based compositions among applicable disinfectant components are highly required to be used for efficient cleaning of entities and equipment not only from contamination, but also from bactericidal impact on pathogen microorganisms. Rotation of disinfectants is needed to be done on a regular basis.
Conclusions and prospects for further research. In case of disinfectants application at meat-processing facilities, it is of high consideration to draw attention to the applicable components of the used medicine in order to retain the possibility for predicting the strength of bactericidal impact on microorganisms and its full biodegradation on non-toxic elements. Nanotechnologies-based disinfectant drug development is of high perspective.
Keywords: disinfection, disinfectant, meat processing companies, infection, markets, laboratories.
- Bocharov, D.A., Tsukanov, V.N., & Polyakov, A.A. (1989). Sredstva i metodyi dezinfektsii na myasokombinatah [Means and Methods of Disinfection on Meat-Processing Facilities]. Veterinariya – Veterinary science, 1, 23-25 [in Russian].
- Butko, M.P. (1999). Preparatyi dlya dezinfektsii transportnyih sredstv i ob'ektov myasopererabatyivayuschih predpriyatiy [Bactericidal Agents for Means of Transport and Meat-Processing Facilities]. Problemyi vet. san. gigienyi i ekologii (dezinf., dezins., derat.) – Council issues. san. Hygiene and Ecology (dezinf., dezins., derat.), 41-42. [in Russian].
- Butko, M.P., & Charikov I.N. (1987). Uskorennyie metodyi kontrolya kachestva veterinarno–sanitarnoy obrabotki transportnyih sredstv [Accelerated Methods of Quality Control for Veterinary and Sanitary Disinfection of Means of Transport]. Problemyi veterinarnoy dezinfektsii ob'ektov zhivotnovodstva VNIIVS – Problems of veterinary disinfection at animal facilities. VNIIVS, 30-3 [in Russian].
- Voloshyna, N.O., Petrenko, O.F., & Kaplunenko, V.G. (2008). Perspektivi zastosuvannya koloYidIv nanochastok metalIv u veterinarnIy meditsinI [Perspectives of Metal Nanoparticles’ Coloids Application in Veterinary Science]. Veterinarna meditsina Ukrayini – Veterinary Medicine of Ukraine, 9, 32-34 [in Ukraine].
- Voloshchenko, O.I., Golenkova, L.G., & Raetskaya, E.V. (2005). Gigienicheskoe izuchenie tehnicheskih moyuschih sredstv dlya pischevoy promyishlennosti s tselyu ih gigienicheskoy reglamentatsii [Sanitary Research of Technical Abstergents for Food-Manufacturing Industry With the Aim of their Sanitary Regulation]. Gigiena naselenih mists. Institut gigieni ta medichnoyi ekologiyi AMN Ukrayini – Hygiene of cities. Іnstitut of hygiene and medical ecology AMN of Ukraine, 46, 179-182 [in Ukraine].
- Gudz, O., & Kobzar, A. (2000). Trebovaniya k moyuschim i dezinfektsionnyim sredstvam, prednaznachennyim dlya sanitarnoy obrabotki ob'ektov predpriyatiy po proizvodstvu nesterilnyih lekarstvennyih sredstv [Requirements for Abstergents and Disinfectants used in Sanitary Disinfection on Non-Sterile Medicines Production Facilities]. Zhytomyr: “Provisor” – Zhitomir, "Pharmacist", 11, 50 [in Ukraine].
- Degterev, G.P., & Repin, A.M. (2000). Novyie moyusche-dezinfitsiruyuschie sredstva [New washing and disinfecting means]. Molochnaya promyishlennost – Dairy industry, 4, 45-48 [in Russian].
- Kosenko, M.V., Kovalchuk, L.M., & Gavrylen, E.S. (1997). EfektivnIst zastosuvannya hlorantoYinu dlya vologoYi ta aerozolnoYi dezInfektsIYi [Chlorantoin Application Efficiency for Humid and Aerosol Disinfection]. Veterinarna meditsina Ukrayini – Veterinary Medicine of Ukraine, 7, 36-37 [in Ukraine].
- Kotsumbas, I.Y., Velychko, V.V., & Kosenko, Y.M. (2006). Rinok veterinarnih preparativ v Ukrayini ta stan kontrolyu yih yakosti [Veterinary Drugs Market of Ukraine and their Quality Test State]. Veterinarna meditsina Ukrayini – Veterinary Medicine of Ukraine, 1, 35 [in Ukraine].
- Semenova, I.V., Bukanova, E.F., & Filippenkov, V.M. (2007). Fiziko-himicheskie svojstva sinteticheskih mojushhih sredstv na osnove biorazlagaemyh komponentov [Physical and chemical properties of synthetic detergents on the basis of biodegradable components]. Proceedings from The Knowledge-Intensive Chemical Technologies – 2007: II molodezhnaja nauchno-tehnicheskaja konferencija (17-23 ijunja 2007 hoda) – 2nd Youth Scientific and Technical Conference. (p.10). Moscow: MITHT im. M.V. Lomonosova [in Russian].
- Tsapko, A.P. & Nikolaenko, V.P. (2006). Dezinfekcija oborudovanija pticepererabatyvajushhih predprijatij [Disinfection of Poultry Processing Facilities]. Veterinarnaja sluzhba Stavropol'ja – Stavropol Veterinary Service, 1, 36-38 [in Russian].
Download full text in PDF