Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2016, 28, 133-141 [in Ukrainian].
Podilsky State Agrarian University of Technology
Ternopil Experimental Station of the Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
TOXICOLOGICAL STUDIES ON THE CREATED ACID DETERGENT-DISINFECTANT «TDS» FOR SANITARY TREATMENT OF MILKING EQUIPMENT
Introduction.Nowadays in Ukraine there are a lot of alkali means and only two are acid detergent-disinfectants that registered abroad for sanitary processing of milking and dairy equipment. However, effective sanitization only may be effective when both alkaline and acid products are used in turn. Therefore, the development of domestic acid detergent-disinfectant is prospective and actual.
We have created a research version of acid detergent-disinfectant, which contains 25% nitrogen and 10% citric acid which has been passed all laboratory tests. Preclinical testing of veterinary medicinal products is an important and indispensable prerequisite for the creation of new dosage forms.
The goal of the work. Conducting of toxicological studies of acid detergent-disinfectant research version for sanitary processing of milking equipment.
Materials and methods. The study was performed in collaboration with the laboratory of control of disinfectant and antihelminthic preparations of State research control Institute of veterinary preparations and feed additives (Lviv). Toxicological studies were performed according to standard techniques.
Results of researchand discussion. Toxicological studies are necessary in the development of detergent-disinfectants for sanitary processing of milking and dairy equipment. On toxicological characterization detergent-disinfectants should not be below III hazard class according to GOST 12.1.007−76.
This version of detergent-disinfectant and its solution in a concentration of 0.5% was chosen for toxicological studies. As a result of toxicological studies it was found out that acid detergent “TDS”, which contains 25% nitrogen and 10 % citric acid is moderately toxic (III grade of toxicity) provides vith irritation effect on skin and mucous membranes. It is necessary to observe safety requirements while working. Working solution of 0,5% is low-toxic (IV class of toxicity), has no irritating effect to skin and harmful effect on the mucous membranes, shows no skin-resorptive action is weakly expressed and has a cumulative effect.
Conclusions and prospects for further research. Toxicological studies conducted on acid detergent “TDS”. Guidelines for sanitizing of milking equipment with acid detergent “TDS” will be developed.
Keywords: acid detergent, toxicological studies, milking equipment.
- Dehterev, H. P. (2000). Kachestvo moloka v zavysymosty ot sanytarnoho sostoianyia doylnoho oborudovanyia [Milk quality, depending on the health status of milking equipment]. Molochna promyslovist − Dairy industry, 5, 23-26 [in Russian].
- Kryvokhyzha, Ye. M., Kryzhanivskyi, Ya. I., & Karpenko, M. M. (2014). Vplyv sanitarnoho stanu doilnoho ustatkuvannia ta molochnoho inventaria na yakist moloka [The impact of the sanitary condition of the milking and milk equipment on milk quality]. Vseukrainskyi ahrarnyi zhurnal Ahro Elita − Ukrainian Agrarian Elite magazine Ago, 4(15), 40-41 [in Ukraine].
- Kotsiumbas, I. Ia., Malyk, O. E., Patereha I. P. et. al. (2006). Doklinichni doslidzhennia veterynarnykh likarskykh zasobiv [Preclinical studies veterinary medicine]. Lviv: Triada plius [in Ukrainian].
- Vrednue veshchestva. Klassyfykatsyia y obshchye trebovanyia bezopasnosty [Harmful substances. Classification and general safety requirements]. (1982). HOST 12.1.007-76. SSBT from 01th January 1977. Moscov. Hosudarstvennui standart Soiuza SSR [in Russian].
- Belenkyi, M.L. (1963). Elementy kolychestvennoi otsenky farmakolohycheskoho effekta [Elements of quantitative assessment of pharmacological effect]. Leningrad: Medicine [in Russian].
- Shtabskyi, B.M., Hzhehotskyi, M.Y., Hzhehotskyi M.R. et. al. (1980). K metodyke opredelenyia srednesmertelnykh doz y kontsentratsyi khymycheskykh veshchestv [To the method on the average lethal doses determination and chemical substances concentrations]. Hyhyena y sanytaryia − Hygiene and sanitation, 10, 49-51 [in Russian].
- Hadaskyna, Y. D., Levyna, E. N., Liublyna, E. Y., Tolokontseva, N. A., Fylova, V. A. et. al. (1976). Osnovy obshchei promyshlennoi toksykolohyy [Fundamentals of general industrial toxicology]. Leningrad: Medicine [in Russian].
- Sydorov, K. K. (1967). O nekotorykh metodakh kolychestvennoi otsenky kumuliatyvnoho effekta [Some methods of quantifying the cumulative effect]. Toksykolohyia novыkh promыshlennыkh khymycheskykh veshchestv − Toxicology new industrial chemicals, 9, 19-27 [in Russian].
- Shtabskyi, M., Kahan, Yu. S. (1974). K otsenke kumuliatyvnykh svoistv khymycheskykh veshchestv po yndeksu y standartyzovannomu koeffytsyentu kumuliatsyy [By assessing the cumulative properties of chemicals on the index and the standardized coefficient of cumulation]. Hyhyena y sanytaryia − Hygiene and sanitation, 3, 65-68 [in Russian].
- Kondrakhyn, Y. P., Kurylov, N. V., Malakhov A. H. et. al. (1985). Klynycheskaia laboratornaia dyahnostyka v veterynaryy: Spravochnoe yzdanye [Clinical laboratory diagnostics in veterinary medicine: Reference Edition]. Moskva: Ahropromyzdat [in Russian].
- Elyzarova, O. N., Zhydkova, L. V., & Kochetkova, T. A. (1974). Posobye po toksykolohyy dlia laborantov [Toxicology Handbook for laboratory]. Moskva: Medicine [in Russian].
- Levchenko, V. I., Vlizlo, V. V., & Kondrakhin, I. P. (2004). Klinichna diahnostyka vnutrishnikh khvorob tvaryn [The clinical diagnosis of internal diseases]. Bila Tserkva [in Ukrainian].
Download full text in PDF