Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2016, 28, 158-165 [in Ukrainian].
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
Institute of Veterinary Medicineof NAAS
A METHOD FOR PRODUCING HYPERIMMUNE ANTIRABIES SERUM OF RABBITS ORIGIN
Introdaction. Since the reliability of the diagnosis of rabies (FAT) depends on the quality of the conjugate used in the reaction, the search for new hyperimmunization schemes is certainly one of the main components of the receiving highly active anti rabies serum, from which isolated a fraction of immunoglobulin for fluorescein isothiocyanate labeling.
The goal of the work. Receiving of highly potency hyperimmune rabies serum using concentrated culture antigen and immunostimulatory drug "Fosprenil."
Materials and methods. In the hyperimmunization scheme we used 7 adult rabbits, weighing 2.4–2.7 kg. Concentrated inactivated antigen was administered by 0.5 ml intramuscularly in one point and 0.1 ml intradermally in five different points. Immunostimulant "Fosprenil" at a dose of 4 mg/kg administered intramuscularly at 0, 21 and 49 day of immunization.
Results of research and discussion. After using the developed hyperimmunization scheme we determined rabies antibody titers twice: on 28 days by ELISA and at the end of experiment by ELISA and MIT (mouse neutralization test).
Study of serum samples by ELISA on day 28 revealed that serum number 2 had low potency to the rabies virus (8 IU/ml). This is due to reduced sensitivity of animal to inoculation of rabies virus antigen. For further immunization selected rabbits that had titers above 20 UI /ml. After receiving the results of titration for each serum we conducted a study of combined sample. Rabies activity of combined sample was 185 ± 9.2 IU/ml by MIT and 212 ± 10.4 IU/ml by ELISA.
Conclusions and prospects for further research. Thus, the application in the hyperimmunization scheme of immunostimulatory drug "Fosrenil" in combination with culture concentrated antigen, helped receive hyperimmune serum with high antibody titer to rabies virus (185 ± 9.2 IU/ml by MIT and 212 ± 10.4 IU/ml by ELISA.)
Keywords: rabies, hiperimunisation, antirabies antibody, serum of blood, ELISA, MNT.
- Hanlon, A., Smith, J. & Anderson, G. (1999). Laboratory diagnosis of rabies. The National Working Group on Rabies Prevention and Control. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc., 215,1444.
- WHO Expert Consultation on Rabies (2013). Technical Report Series 982. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals, (2013). Retrieved from http://www.oie.int/fileadmin/Home/eng/Health_standards/tahm/2.01.13_RABIES.pdf.
- Dean, D.J., Abelseth, M.K., & Atanasiu, P. (1996). Laboratory techniques in rabies (The fluorescent antibody test). Geneva, (3d ed.), 88-95.
- Mazur, N., Nedosekov, V., & Polupan, І. (2015). The role of FAT in laboratory diagnosis of rabies. Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 26, 232–236.
- Novic'ka, O. V. (2004). Rozrobka test–systemy na osnovi imunofermentnogo analizu dlja vyznachennja antytil proty virusu skazu u syrovatci krovi tvaryn [Development of test-system on a basis enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for determination antibody against rabies virus of animal]: Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyi'v [in Ukrainian].
- Alieva, E.V., Tjumenceva, I.S., & Afanas'ev, E.N. (2008). Opyt poluchenija immunnyh syvorotok dlja proizvodstva diagnosticheskih preparatov [The experience of obtaining immune sera for the manufacture of diagnostic products]. Kurskij nauchno-prakticheskij vestnik "Chelovek i ego zdorov'e" – Kursk scientific and practical Bulletin "People & Health", 1, 11–15 [in Russian].
- Generalov, S.V., Abramova, E.G., & Nykyforov, A.K. (2011). Kletochnye kul'tury v proizvodstve geterologichnogo antirabicheskogo immunoglobulina [Cell Structures in Heterologous Anti-Rabies Immunoglobulin Production]. Problemy osobo opasnyh infekcij – Problems of especially hazardous infections, 110, 76–79 [in Russian].
- Nedosekov, V.V., Slivko, I.A., & Kurinnov, V.V. Patent 2196607, MPK A61K39/205, A61K39/42, G01N33/569 (20.01.2003). Sposob poluchenija giperimmunnoj antirabicheskoj syvorotki [A method of producing hyperimmune rabies serum] [in Russian].
- Manjunatha, M.V., Shampur, N.M., & Sampada, S.S. (2015). Cellular immune response following pre-exposure and postexposure rabies vaccination by intradermal and intramuscular routes. Clinical experimental vaccine research, 4, 68–74.
- Johnson, N., Cunningham, A., & Fooks, A. (2010). The immune response to rabies virus infection and vaccination, Vaccine, 3896–3901.
- Morogova, V., Kravchenko, A., Magazov, R., Shafeeva, R., & Krutilina D. (1983). Izuchenie sokrashhennyh shem vvedenija antirabicheskoj vakciny [The study of abbreviated forms of the vaccine inoculation]. Imunobiologicheskie preparaty. – Immunobiologycal drugs, 62-64 [in Russian].
- Mazur, N.V., Mazur, M.V., Polupan, I.M., & Nedosjekov, V.V. (2015). Zastosuvannja imunostymuljujuchyh preparativ za antyrabichnoi' vakcynacii' [effect of immunostimulants at rabies vaccination]. Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 27, 198–202 [in Ukrainian].
- Ozherelkov, S.V., Arzhaev, A.M., & Kozhevnikova, T.N. (2004). Adjuvantnoe dejstvie Fosprenila na immunogennost' antirabicheskoj vakciny [Fosprenil adjuvant effect on the immunogenicity of rabies vaccine]. Veterinarnaja klinika – Veterinary clinic, 8, 9–10 [in Russian].
- Pronin, A.V., Ozherelkov, S.V., & Deeva, A.V. (2012). Poliprenilfosfaty kak adjuvanty, poljarizujushhie immunnyj otvet v storonu Th1 [Polyprenyl phosphates as adjuvants, polarizing the immune response to th1]. Infekcijaiimmunitet – Infection and immunity, 3, 645–650 [in Russian].
- Nedosjekov, V.V., Polupan, I.M., & Ivanov, M.Ju. Patent 48158 Ukraine, MPK A61K 39/205 (10.03.2010). Sposib oderzhannja antyrabichnoi' giperimunnoi' syrovatky [A method of producing hyperimmune rabies serum] [in Ukrainian].
- Babkin, M.V., Stegnij, B.T., & Nychyk, S.A. Patent 19403 Ukraine, MPK A61K 39/205 (15.12.2006) Sposib otrymannja antyrabichnoi' giperimunnoi' syrovatky [A method of producing hyperimmune rabies serum] [in Ukrainian].
- Lakin, G.F. (1990). Biometrija [Biometry]. Vysshaja shkola [in Russian].
Download full text in PDF