Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2016, 28, 306-313 [in Ukrainian].
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
The Main Department of Veterinary Medicine in Kyiv
Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAAS
SOME ASPECTS VETERINARY-SANITARY ECZAMINATION SLAUGHTER OF BROILER CHICKENS FOR INFLUENCE GAMMA-HCH
Introduction. Currently the great attention is paid to control pesticides penetration into the environment but also their penetration into animal products, including poultry products. There is a probability of gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane (γ-HCH) penetration into the broiler chickens organism during the raising with the feed which is commonly grain. Thus, the goal of the work was to study the effect of this pesticide on the organism of broiler chickens under conditions of its daily intake with feed.
Materials and methods. We formed three groups of 5 days old broiler chickens of Cobb-500 cross by 10 individuals in each: one control and two experimental groups. The control group received usual diet while two experimental groups received γ-HCH with feed in concentrations 0.1 and 0.3 mg/kg of feed. We carried out veterinary and sanitary expertise of broiler chickens under current Regulations. We used conventional methods for determining the mass of analysis and synthesis.
Results of research and discussion. During antemortem inspection of chickens of experimental groups that received γ-HCH in concentrations 0.1 and 0.3 mg/kg of feed we found following: broilers of both experimental groups moved actively, respond to external stimuli, took feed and water actively, but occasionally there were cases of feed refusal, especially on 15–20 days of experiment. This trend observed in both experimental groups. Manure was moderately dense but in some chickens who received γ-HCH in concentrations 0.3 mg/kg of feed manure was periodically mixed with blood. During the veterinary and sanitary expertise of broilers carcasses of experimental groups revealed no pathological changes.
Concerning the slaughter yield, the difference between broiler chickens, which received γ-HCH in concentrations 0.1 mg/kg, and control group was 2.3% and those which received pesticide in concentrations 0.3 mg/kg – 3.3%. Weight loss of broilers of experimental groups is directly proportional to the increase of pesticide concentration in feed.
The weight of the internal organs of experimental groups’ broiler chickens increased in direct proportion to the increase of pesticide concentration in feed, also their percentage to slaughter yield increased compared to the control.
Conclusions and prospects for further research:
- Intakes of γ-HCH pesticide in broiler chickens organism even in small concentrations showed negative effect on the digestibility of nutrients, metabolism, live weight gain and carcass yield from the first day.
- As a result of veterinary and sanitary expertise of broilers carcasses of control and experimental groups revealed no pathological changes.
- Registered an increase of liver and muscular stomach masses in broiler of experimental groups. The degree of internal organs increase directly proportional to the concentration of toxicant received by the organism. Heart weight in broilers of experimental groups contrary reduced compared with the control.
- In the future we are planning studies concerning the effect of γ-HCH pesticide for the chemical and bacteriological indicators of broiler meat.
Keywords:broiler chickens, pesticides, gamma-HCH, veterinary-sanitary examination.
- Sekrety svitu. Vplyv pestycydiv [The impact of pesticides]. www.esc.lviv.ua/pesticidi. Retrieved from http://www.esc.lviv.ua/pesticidi [in Russian].
- Ponomar'ov, P.H. (1999). Bezpeka harchovyh produktiv ta prodovol'choi' syrovyny [Food safety and food raw materials]. K.: Libra [in Russian].
- Dyrektyva Soveta 96/23/EES ot 29 aprelja 1996 goda, o merah po kontrolju otdel'nyh veshhestv y yh ostatochnogo soderzhanyja v ne zabytyh zhyvotnyh y produktah zhyvotnogo proyshozhdenyja, prynjataja v otmenu dejstvyja Dyrektyv 85/358/EES y 86/469/EES y Postanovlenyj 89/187/EES y 91/664/EES [Directive Council of 96/23 / EC from 29 April, 1996, at mesures to control some substances and final content in non-slaughtered animals and products of animal origin, accepted to cancel the action of Directives 85/358 / EEC and 86/469 / EEC and decrees 89/187 / EEC and 91/664 / EEC]. (1996) [in Russian].
- Semenenko, M.G. (2014). Negatyvni naslidky vykorystannja v sil's'komu gospodarstvi geksahloranu ta DDT v kinci 50-h–60-h rr. mynulogo stolittja [The negative consequences of agricultural hexachloran and DDT in the late 50's and 60's. Last century]. Gumanitarnyj visnyk – Humanitarian bulletin, 5 (1), 146-155 [in Russian].
- Davidjuk, E.I. (2008). Jekologo-gigienicheskaja ocenka zagrjaznenija obiektov agrobiocenoza nekotorymi hlororganicheskimi pesticidami [Ecological and hygienic evaluation of pollution of agrobiocenosis objects with some organochlorine pesticides]. Proceedings from the actual problems ecohygiene and toxicology: Materіali nauk.-prakt. konf. Aktual'nі problemi ekogіgіeni і toksikologіi. (pp. 79-82). Kiїv [in Russian].
- Ponomar'ov, P.H. (1999). Bezpeka harchovih produktіv ta prodovol'choї sirovini [Food Safety and Food Raw Materials]. K.: Lіbra [in Russian].
- Zubik, S.V. (2007). Zavdannja ekologіchnogo monіtoringu stanu navkolishn'ogo seredovishha naselenih punktіv [The challenge of environmental monitoring environmental settlements]. Naukovij vіsnik Nacіonal'nogo lіsotehnіchnogo unіversitetu – Scientific Bulletin of the National Forestry University, 17 (2),39-41[in Russian].
- Osaulenko, O. G. (2008). Statistichnij shhorіchnik Ukraїni za 2009 rіk: zbіrnik [Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for 2009]. K.: Konsul'tant [in Russian].
- Jaroshenko, F. O. (2003). Prirodnі ta ekonomіchnі umovi rozvitku ptahіvnictva v Ukraїnі [Natural and economic conditions of poultry in Ukraine]. Ekonomіka APK – Economics of AIC, 8, 8-11 [in Russian].
- Sekun, M. P., & Zherebko, V.M. (2007). Dovіdnik іz pesticidіv [Guide to Pesticides]. K.: Kolobіg [in Russian].
- Pravila peredzabіjnogo veterinarnogo ogljadu tvarin і veterinarno-sanіtarnoї ekspertizi m'jasa ta m'jasnih produktіv, zatverdzhenі nakazom Derzhavnogo departamentu veterinarnoї medicini Mіnіsterstva agrarnoї polіtiki Ukraїni 07.06.02 N 28. Zaretstrovanі v Mіnіsterstvі justicіi Ukraini 21.06.2002 za №524/6812. [Rules of antemortem inspection of animals and veterinary-sanitary expertise of meat and meat product] [in Russian].
Download full text in PDF