Veterynarna biotehnologija – Veterinary biotechnology, 2019, 35, 9-21 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31073/vet_biotech36-01
Institute of Veterinary Medicine NAAS
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
CATTLE INFECTION CAUSED BY ATYPICAL MYCOBACTERIA IN A SEPARATED HERD
Introduction. The main method of intravital diagnosis of tuberculosis is the allergic method. Persistence of atypical mycobacteria in the environment leads to the appearance of paraallergic reactions to tuberculin in animals. In such cases, the methodology of complex study for tuberculosis is simultaneous test, which allows to establish the diagnosis for tuberculosis reliably.
The goal of the work. To study the nature of para allergic (false positive) reactions to the tuberculin skin test (with tuberculin purified protein derivative (PPD) in cows of the tuberculosis free farm of Volyn' oblast.
Materials and methods. The epizootological, allergic, clinical, pathological, histological, bacteriological and biological research methods were used.
Results of research and discussion. The results of the study showed that the false-positive tuberculin skin tests or para allergic reactions on PPD in cows was the extended asymptomatic infectious process, caused by atypical mycobacteria. These thesis were confirmed bacteriologically. M. fortuitum and M. scrofulaceum were identified from the lymph nodes of animals with of positive tuberculin skin test.
Based on the results of the study, a comprehensive approach system of measures was developed to prevent slaughtering of cows and the economic losses.
Conclusions and prospects for further research:
1. The false positive reactions to the tuberculin skin test in cows were induced by atypical acid-resistant mycobacteria.
2. The regular use of Atypical Mycobacteria Allergen according to the planed tuberculin skin tests in cattle of the farm must be implement.
3. In case of detection of tuberculin-positive test in animals the schedule diagnostic study of biomaterial for tuberculosis, in particular pathoanatomical, histological, bacteriological and biological must be performed.
4. Additional measures to reduce the population of atypical mycobacteria in animal sheds, other farm units in order to reduce the number of reservoirs must be developed.
Further researches will be directed on observance of regularity of preventive anti-tuberculosis measures, studying of epizootic features of mycobacteriosis manifestation caused by atypical Mycobacteria, pointing of sources and reservoirs of microorganisms, mechanism of their transfer from infective animals.
Keywords: tuberculosis, cattle, tuberculin, antigen of atypical mycobacteria, infectious process, atypical mycobacteria, allergic reactions, diagnosis.
- Busol, V.O., Blazhko, A.P., Shevchuk, V.M., Mazur, V.M., Kovalenko, L.V., Kargіna, O.V., et al. (2010). Tuberkuloz tvaryn: bіblіografіchno-referatyvnyj dovіdnyk [Animal tuberculosis: bibliography manual]. Kyiv: Fіtosocіocentr [in Ukrainian].
- Busol, V.O., Postoy, V.P., Sitnik, V.A., & Blazhenko, A.P. (2001). Monіtoryng epіzootychnoi sytuacii z tuberkulozu velikoi rogatoi kudoby v krainah svіtu [Monitoring of epizootic situation of bovine tuberculosis in the world]. Naukovyj visnyk NAU – Scientifis bulletin of NAU, 42, 146-152 [in Ukrainian].
- Zavgorodnіy, A.І., Bіlushkov, V.V., Kalashnik, M.V., Pozmogova, S.A., & Kalashnik, N.V. (2018). Psevdoalergіchnі reaktcii na tuberkulіn u velykoi rogatoi hudoby [Pseudoallergic reactions to tuberculin in cattle]. Veterinarna bіotehnologіya – Veterinary biotechnology, 32(2), 176-184 [in Ukrainian].
- Kalashnyk, M.V. (2016). Doslіdzennya bіologіchnogo materіalu vіd velikoi rogatoi khudoby kulturalnym metodom na tuberkuloz [The study of biological material from cattle for tuberculosis by cultural method]. Veterynarna medycyna – Veterinary medicine, 102, 91-94 [in Ukrainian].
- Kassich, Yu.Ya., & Borzyak, A.T. (1990). Tuberkulez zhivotnyh i mery borby s nim [Animal tuberculosis and measures of its control]. Kyiv: Urozhay [in Ukrainian].
- Dyachenko, G.M., Kravchenko, N.O., Romanenko V.P., & Kalashnyk, M.V. (2005). Problema dіagnostyky tuberkulozu sіlskogospodarskyh tvaryn u suchasnyh umovah [The problem of tuberculosis diagnostics in farm animals under modern conditions]. Veterynarna medycyna – Veterinary medicine, 85, 1236-1240 [in Ukrainian].
- Zavgorodnіy, A.І., Bіlushko, V.V., Zagrebelniy, V.O., & Balim, Yu.P. (2016). Vyvchennya sensybіlіzuyuchykh vlastyvostey atypovyh mіkobakterіy, іzolovanyh іz bіomaterіalu vіd velikoi rogatoi hudoby ta z objektіv dovkіllya [The study of sensitizing properties of atyphical micobacteria isolated from cattle and environmental objects]. Veterynarna medycyna – Veterinary medicine, 102, 84-87 [in Ukrainian].
- Selіshcheva, N.V., Nechval, N.P., Fedorova, V.M., & Goncharuk, O.A. (2005). Vyvchennya pryrody reakcіy na tuberkulіn u velikoi rogatoi hudoby v blagopoluchnyh shchodo tuberkulozu gospodarstvah Odeskoi oblasti [The study of tuberculin reactions properties in cows of Odessa oblast]. Veterynarna medycyna – Veterinary medicine, 85, 973-976 [in Ukrainian].
- Kassich, Yu.Ya., Zavgorodniy, A.I., & Kassich, V.Yu. (2004). Simultannaya allergicheskaya proba pri diagnostike tuberkuleza (Korovy, soderzhashchiesya v krestyanskikh khozyaystvakh razlichnykh oblastey Ukrainy) [Simultaneous allergic test in tuberculosis diagnostics (cattle maintained in private farms in different regions of Ukraine]. Veterinariya – Veterinary medicines, 8, 16-18 [in Russian].
- Turko, І.B., Kulyaba, O.V., Semanyuk, V.І., & Peleno, R.A. (2010). Cyrkulyatcii atypovyh mіkobakterіy v zovnіshnomu seredovyshchі ta organіzmі tvaryn, yak prychyna pozytyvnykh alergіchnykh reakcіy [Atyphical mycobacteria circulation in tbe natural environment and animal organism, as the cause of positive allergic reactions]. Naukovyy vіsnyk Lvivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu veterynarnoi medycyny i biotehnologii – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv national university of veterinary medicine and biotechnology, 12, 3(45), 274-280 [in Ukrainian].
- Oleksyuk, І.І., & Levkіvskiy, D.M. (2009). Latentnyj mіkrobіzm ta iogo rol v epіzootologіi tuberkulozu velykoi rogatoi hudoby [Latent mіkrobіzm and its role in epizootology of cattle tuberculosis]. Naukovyy vіsnyk Lvivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu veterynarnoi medycyny i biotehnologii – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv national university of veterinary medicine and biotechnology, 11, 2(41), 225-229 [in Ukrainian].
- Ovdienko, N.P. (1986). Profilaktika i likvidatsiya tuberkuleza krupnnogo rogatogo skota [Prevention and elimination of cattle tuberculosis]. Veterinariya – Veterinary medicine, 9, 15-19 [in Russian].
- Pichugin, L.M., & Akulov, A.V. (1980). Praktikum po patologicheskoy anatomii selskokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh [Practicum on pathologycal anatomy of farm animals]. Moscow: Kolos [in Russian].
- Skorodumov, D.I. Subbotin, V.V. Sidorov, M.A., & Kostenko, T.S. (1980). Mikrobiologicheskaya diagnostika bakterialnykh infektsiy zhivotnykh [Microbiological diagnostics of bacterial infections of animals]. Moscow: Izograf [in Ukrainian].
- Romanenko, V.P. (2004). Genetichnі zakonomіrnostі evolyutsіi mіkobakterіy tuberkulozu [Genetic patterns of Mycobacterium tuberculosis evolution]. Veterynarna medycyna – Veterinary medicine, 84, 612-615 [in Ukrainian].
Download full text in PDF